Hey, girlfriend! I’m Caitlyn, a professional makeup artist based in Charlotte, North Carolina!
From a very young age, I was always fascinated with makeup. It’s probably due to the fact that: I am a girly-girl through and through; my momma taught me so many beauty tips and tricks when I was growing up; I was a competitive dancer so naturally, stage makeup played a big role in that; and I just straight up LOVE makeup (and am naturally artistic).
After studying the art of makeup and how to bring out the natural beauty in everyone through self-taught techniques, in 2012, I decided to start Makeup by Caitlyn Michelle. I believe makeup is something that should be used to enhance the natural features of each person’s face – not mask them.
So what makes me different, out of all the makeup artists you have to choose from out there?
Aside from my artistic makeup abilities, I pride myself on the highest level of professionalism, service, and organization. I also have the ability to understand each client’s wants and needs and to use the right products and techniques to achieve that, whether it is a very natural or a very glam look. In addition to that, I…
- Have more than seven years in the professional wedding makeup industry
- Have worked with hundreds of brides and thousands of clients
- Have all five-star reviews on sites including Wedding Wire, The Knot, Facebook, and Google
- Trained with celebrity makeup artist Mario Dedivanovic (Kim Kardashian’s makeup artist)
- Love to share beauty tips and tricks with you via my Instagram posts and stories, blog posts, and YouTube videos
I also think I’m a pretty fun person if I do say so myself! If you ever want to grab a glass of Sauv Blanc and listen to 2000s hip hop music, I’m your chick!
Some of my favorite things…