I meant to post this on my actual birthday, which was Thursday, April 2, but just a few days late! My, how these years have come and gone so quickly. It freaks me out how fast life flies by, not that 30 is “old”…but it makes me want to live every day with intention, purpose, and desire.
I truly believe that every day on this Earth is a gift. It feels a little bit weird to no longer be in my 20s, but I am grateful for each and every day. So, hello 30 – I am ready for you!
I am also ready for this virus to go away (as we all are). I spent my birthday at home, of course, due to what is going on right now. It was a lovely birthday spent with my boyfriend and a FaceTime call with my parents, but, we all should have been in Florida. Not for my birthday, but for my cousin’s wedding. I feel so terrible that her date had to be postponed, as so many of my Makeup by Caitlyn Michelle brides are also having to do, but that is reality right now!
Anyways, I thought it would be fun to share 30 facts about myself that you might not know – enjoy – and stay safe and healthy!
- Sephora, Ulta, and Target are my weaknesses. Marshalls, TJ Maxx, and Home Goods, too. I’m saving a lot of money right now due to the fact that stores are closed, haha!
- I hate cold weather. Hence one of the reasons why I moved from New York to North Carolina in November 2019.
- I try to eat healthy as much as possible but am a junk food junkie. Pizza, ice cream, candy – I love it all.
- Shawn Mendes, Justin Bieber, and Sam Smith are just some of my faves. Kasey Musgraves is also always on repeat. Oh, and Frank Sinatra. Love me some Frankie, too.
- OCD is my middle name. I am extremely organized in pretty much all areas of my life.
- Sauvignon Blanc and Riesling all day. Prosecco if I’m feeling bubbly.
- I started doing makeup in 2012, and am now in my eighth wedding season.
- I crave meaningful conversations and authenticity. I hate small talk and BS. I also hate when people use their phones when they converse.
- I am also a marketing manager and graphic designer. Check out East Avenue Creations to view some of my wedding-related work!
- Reading brings me joy. This stay-at-home period has provided me with more time to do things such as read, which has been great!
- I try to choose happiness and see positivity in everything. Even in seemingly “bad” situations. My dad taught me to not think “why is this happening to me,” but instead say, “what is this teaching me?” And it is seriously the best advice.
- Traveling is what I love most. Experiencing a new city or country brings me so much energy and appreciation toward this globe we’re all spinning around on.
- Aries is my sign and I fit just about every square inch of the traits – it’s freaky. Bold/direct, sometimes brassy, ambitious, love to be challenged, passionate, motivated/determined…
- I am an ambivert. Also known as an extroverted introvert, this is me to a T. Sometimes I love to be alone, other times I crave social outings. Sometimes I am talkative, sometimes I am shy and quiet. It just depends on the day!
- My favorite perfumes = Chloe by Chloe, Bright Crystal by Versace, Light Blue by Dolce and Gabanna, and Alien by Mugler.
- My favorite color is blush pink. Blue, specifically turquoise/aqua/cerulean blue, is a close second.
- My love languages are quality time and words of affirmation. They are both equally important to me. If you haven’t read The Five Love Languages yet, you should (whether you’re single, in a relationship, engaged, or in a marriage).
- My enneagram number is 3. “The Achiever.” Ya know, the success-oriented, adaptable, excelling, driven, and image-conscious one (#shakingmyhead).
- I used to be a dancer, and dance is still engrained into my soul. I am always dancing, whether it’s around the apartment, at a party, at a wedding, or on a cardio machine as I’m running or spinning, while simultaneously shaking my hips or fist-pumping.
- I am the oldest sibling of three. I have two younger brothers (almost 5 years and 8 years younger).
- I’m 99% sure I have narcolepsy but have not been officially diagnosed by a doctor. I am constantly tired and drowsy during the day and can fall asleep at the drop of a hat, but don’t want to go on medication for it. So, I just deal with it!
- I own way too many beauty products, as could be expected. Between makeup, haircare, and skincare, my bathroom cabinets and drawers are overflowing.
- I love reading other blogs. Chronicles of Frivolity, Brighton the Day, Alyson Haley, The Everygirl, McKenna Bleu, The Sweetest Thing, The Skinny Confidential, and Southern Curls and Pearls are some of my faves.
- The Skinny Confidential, aside from being a favorite blog as mentioned above, is my favorite podcast. I could listen to Lauryn and Michael all day.
- HIIT workouts are my favorite. I hate anything that is slow-paced, such as yoga. During this quarantine, I have been loving Instagram workouts from West Kept Secret, Barry’s Bootcamp, and Natacha Oceane.
- I love getting glammed up (duh, I’m a makeup artist), but on an everyday basis, I’m bare-faced. Especially right now, haha.
- By next year, I will have been a Maid of Honor four (4!) times in friends’ weddings! I consider that a pretty big compliment.
- The ocean soothes me. I hope to leave near a beach someday in the future. But for now, Charlotte is a perfect place to call home!
- Speaking of – I really miss “home,” meaning, where my family lives. My parents, brothers, grandma, and lots of friends are in Upstate New York, and I miss them so much. Family and my close friends mean everything to me.
- I rarely say no to anything: booking a client, taking on new work, trying something I have never tried before, going on a random trip – the list goes on and on. This is sometimes a bad thing – LOL.
That’s it for now! Again, I hope everyone is staying inside, safe, and healthy. Wishing you all the best!