Photography by Honeychurch Fine Art Photography
It’s about that time of the year again: a time for fresh ideas, new goals, and resolutions. It’s time to crush 2019! Are you ready or what?! If not…let’s go!
I’m a super organized person. Anyone who even knows me slightly is sure to know this about me. So when I make my goals, whether it’s for the year or for the week, I need to write them down in an organized fashion. My favorite beauty blogger, Marianna Hewitt (who, btw, just selected me as a winner of one of her giveaways!), created these free goal worksheets which are SUPER cool. I have used them for the past three years and like them a lot. Especially the one that lists “End Goal” at the top. For example, let’s say your end goal is to save $10,000 in 2019. How are you going to actually do that? Break it down into ten steps. Mine might look something like:
- Remove unnecessary monthly payments that I don’t use (Netflix, Apple Music, gym membership, etc.)
- Book at least 20 weddings
- Add more items to my Etsy shop to increase sales
- Only eat out for lunch once a week
- Only eat out for dinner once a month
- Work hard to receive a raise or bonus
- Shop for groceries at Aldi instead of Wegmans
- Don’t buy things I do not need (clothes, accessories, makeup, etc.)
- Stick to an actual budget
- Use an app to help stay on track (ex:
- Maintain a “less” lifestyle – less consumption, less waste, less shopping, less spending, less clutter, etc.
- Read more books – I used to read
allllllthe time, and lately, I haven’t been. I love reading, especially self-help books and mysteries.
- Say no – basically my entire life, I’ve been a “yes” woman. Someone asks me to do a project that I’m really not in the mood to do? I still say yes. I take on a lot of work and often times it completely wears me out. So this year…I’m saying NO to things when they don’t suit me!
- Save $10,000 – I basically lined out how I plan on doing this in the example that I provided above 🙂
- Drink more water – I am SO bad at this and absolutely need to be better
- Get more sleep – I’ve been going to bed really late each night and it’s messing me up and making me tired! So, less social media and texting before bed and more reading and relaxing!
- Make time for what’s important – aka loved ones, traveling, and self care
That’s all I have for now – what about you?! What are your goals for 2019?