6 Products for Summer Instead of Foundation
It’s summertime. It’s hot AF. And the last thing you want to do, aside from check your bank account, is put foundation on your face.
Don’t get me wrong – I love a full coverage face sometimes. However, summer days and most summer nights (unless you’re going to a Beyonce concert) usually aren’t those times. Here are some products that I’ve been loving, in lieu of foundation, all summer ’18 that I think you might love, too.
- Coola Gradual Tan Face Serum – This product is a lifesaver and game changer. The number of people who keep telling me “how tan I look” is absurd, even though it’s not a real tan. It’s a little secret I have that goes by the name of Coola, and she does my face (and body) good. I apply this serum almost daily, prior to my moisturizer – which I will mention in just a moment – to maintain a healthy glow all the time. It’s $54 at Ulta which is a bit steep, but well worth it.
- Glamglow Glowstarter Mega Illuminating Moisturizer – So yeah, that moisturizer I mentioned above…this is it. And it rocks. The key to not needing or wanting to wear any foundation is having bomb skin. How do you get bomb skin you might ask? Take care of it by cleansing, exfoliating, moisturizing, and a lot more on a daily (morning and night) basis. Check out this skin care video that I uploaded to my YouTube channel last year if you want to learn more about what I use on my skin (or at least what I was using at the time – I change it up quite frequently!). But anyways, this moisturizer is what I’ve been using recently and I love it so much. I think it makes my skin look (and feel) really awesome and has a super pretty glow (hence the name).
- Benefit Hoola Cream-to-Powder Quickie Contour Stick – This little stick right here…is magic. The creamy texture is super blendable, so you won’t have any harsh lines once you apply and buff into the skin and the shade is great for so many skin tones. I apply this to my cheekbones, jawline, and temples (near my hairline), then blend in with a beauty blender or big foundation brush. You can leave it as is or set it with a powder bronzer (although you don’t need to).
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid Highlighter – I love this liquid highlighter in shade Topaz, a golden bronze pearl, to add a bit of bronzey color with some subtle shimmer to it. It gives you that perfect, “I just did 20 minutes of cardio and have a healthy glow” look – minus the cardio part.
- It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Illumination Cream – Alright so this is sort of cheating, but not really. It’s a CC cream, which is similar to foundation, but not as heavy. I like the regular CC cream, but the CC+ Illumination is super awesome for the summertime because it gives that extra glow.
- Tarte Radiance Drops – Last but not least, these Radiance Drops by Tarte can be used on their own (just straight up on your skin to give you…radiance), or mixed in with something such as the CC cream I mentioned above. It’s a “multitasking elixir” that gives your skin a healthy looking glow. #WINNING
So there you have it, babes. My six favorite products that I’m loving this summer instead of caking foundation on my face. Hope you enjoyed! Leave a comment and let me know what products you’re loving lately.