“No Makeup” Makeup for Summer
Makeup is such a cool thing. You can use it to create any sort of look, from extreme to barely there. One of my favorite looks, especially in the summertime, is “no makeup” makeup. Say what?!
Why would you apply makeup so that it looks like you aren’t wearing any makeup? Because sometimes less is more, honey. Today I’m teaching you the seven steps I take to achieve a very simple, effortless “no makeup” makeup look that I rock on an almost daily basis.
1. Brows – I take Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow and comb my brow hairs up.
2. Concealer – I add a bit of Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Concealer under my eyes and also a tiny bit under my nose, which is always red. I then take any extra product and blend down the bridge of my nose and onto my chin. Keep in mind, i only use a tiny bit of the concealer. Also note, I don’t set with powder and don’t apply any foundation/bb cream/tinted moisturizer as I want to create this “no makeup” look as quickly as possible.
3. Cream Bronzer – To add a bit of color and dimension to my face, I use Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Quickie Contour Stick on my cheekbones, jawline, and near my temple. I use a fluffy foundation brush to buff this into my skin.
4. Cream Blush – Glossier Cloud Paint is an amazing product. You only need a teeny, tiny dot of product because a little goes a long way. I like to blend the product into the apples of my cheeks using my fingers.
5. Liquid Highlighter – Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Glow adds the perfect amount of highlight to your face. Apply in a “C” shape around the outside of your eyes.
6. Mascara – L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara is my go-to drugstore mascara. Doesn’t cost an arm and a leg and it gets the job done! I apply 1-2 coats to get my lashes some definition.
7. Lip Balm – Lastly, I throw on a few swipes of Buxom Cosmetics Power Plump Lip Balm to keep my lips smooth and also give them just the slightest bit of color.
That’s it! I love keeping it simple, especially in the summertime. Do you have any go-to products that you use for a “no makeup” makeup look?