Summer 2018 Bucket List
How is it possible that today is June 11th? Even though my days sometimes go by slowly, the weeks, months, and years go by way too fast. In an effort to make the absolute MOST out of this summer before it slips away, I decided to create a bucket list. When I was in high school, one of my best friends and I used to always create a summer bucket list. Back then, the list consisted of things such as “go to a party in the woods” and “go skinny dipping in the lake.” Needless to say, more than a decade later, my summer 2018 bucket list is a bit different.
- Add plants to my apartment – McKenna Bleu is one of my favorite people to follow on Instagram and her apartment is #majorgoals. One thing that I love about it, aside from all the bright decor, is her abundance of plants. I need to step my green game up and add some life into my space!
- Try a kickboxing class – I’m constantly falling in and out of workout routines. Sometimes I go to the gym five times per week, and lately, I’ve been slacking! I want to try something new, and I think kickboxing sounds fun (and a great workout).
- Organize closets – Anyone who knows me knows that I am an OCD clean freak. I am constantly cleaning and organizing drawers, donating clothes, etc. I have a few closets in my apartment and I think I could benefit from organizing them even more. I’m at a point in my life where I want the least amount of “stuff” possible. I just want to live that simple life, y’all.
- Go to the museum – I lived in Rochester for four years during college, and since then, I moved back four and a half years ago. In those eight and a half total years, I have yet to go to the George Eastman Museum. That must be some sort of Rochestarian sin, right? I need to ask one of my girlfriends to go with me ASAP so I can cross this off the list.
- Climb a mountain – My parents and I love to go hiking. Since I live a couple hours away and most of my weekends are booked due to wedding makeup, this activity isn’t something I get to do as much as I’d like. However, I need to make this a priority (because family time is limited! If we could convince my brothers to go hiking with us, that would be an added bonus). Maybe we’ll go for Father’s Day this Sunday…
- Go berry picking – This is something I used to love doing with my mom when I was little. There’s nothing better than fresh strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries in the summer time. Especially when you use them to make strawberry shortcake (one of my fave desserts)!
- Go to a concert – One of my best friends and I have already purchased tickets to see Beyonce and Jay Z at the Bills stadium this August, and I can’t wait! I would love to attend a country concert as well. I think country concerts are an Upstate New York summer staple – they’re always so much fun (even if you hardly know the music).
- Try a new restaurant – I keep a restaurant list in my iPhone and am constantly checking off new places. Rochester surprisingly has a lot of restaurants, and a lot of good ones at that!
- Visit the farmers market – Another thing I rarely have the chance to do on the weekends because of wedding makeup. I need to make this a priority, though! The farmers market has the best produce, fresh flowers, and other cool things that I wouldn’t normally buy in the grocery store.
- Take a trip – I have a trip booked to visit my family in Charleston, SC in just a couple of weeks. I can’t wait to go there – it’s one of my favorite places!
- Spend a day on the lake – Growing up with a lake just five minutes away from my parents’ house, my summers used to be filled with endless days on friends’ boats. I miss those days so much!
- Tip a server 50% – I’ve only done this once or twice in the past and I need to do it more often (budget depending, haha!). It’s something that feels SO GOOD just knowing that when the server sees the tip it will probably put a big smile on their face.
- Create a summer playlist – One album that I am obsessed with right now is self-titled Shawn Mendes. If you have any song/album suggestions, leave a comment!
- Read at least three books – I just finished You Are a Badass and The Last Mrs. Parrish – both awesome reads! I’m currently working on How to Be an Overnight Success (written by the founder of beauty brand Rodial, Maria Hatzistefanis). After I finish that, I want to read The Self-Love Experiment, which I just ordered from Barnes and Noble and should arrive this week.
- Have a picnic – The more cheese, crackers, fruit, sandwiches, dessert, and wine, the better! Oh, and don’t forget to bring something to play music!
Have you created a summer bucket list? What things are you trying to check off?!